In February of 2014, Assumption College took a bold step to address the national challenge of college affordability. Recognizing the importance for families to develop a financial plan without the worry of unpredictable tuition increases, Assumption developed Assumption Assurance.
Assumption Assurance blends many elements of a quality education with a pricing policy that provides families with the security of predictable tuition rates. Assumption believes this is the right thing to do to ensure that a college education remains an achievable goal for college-bound students.
The hallmarks of Assumption Assurance include:
- An exceptional, classic liberal arts education with professional programs – the very foundation for any successful individual in today’s ever-changing marketplace
- A four-year price freeze for currently enrolled students and the Class of 2019
- A robust internship program of which over 70 percent of 2014 graduates completed before graduating
- The option to spend a semester at the College’s new campus in the heart of Rome, Italy.
With private four-year institutions increasing tuition at rates between 3 – 5 percent each year, Assumption Assurance has the potential to provide families significant savings of approximately $6,500 - $11,000 over a student’s college career when compared to a school similarly priced to Assumption. Even greater savings can be expected when compared to higher-priced schools.
|Watch Assumption Assurance announcement||Watch Fox25 Boston interview with President Cesareo|
(Video has been edited for content and length.)
Download Assumption Assurance Materials
- Assumption Assurance Fact Sheet
- Assumption Making College More Affordable
- Assumption College’s President Cesareo's Announcement of Assumption Assurance
Assumption Assurance: In the News
- Telegram & Gazette: Editorial – Tuition freeze a welcome step
- Telegram & Gazette: Assumption to freeze tuition rates for freshmen
- Masslive.com: Assumption College in Worcester freezes tuition for incoming students, freshmen, sophomores
- Fox25: Assumption College announces tuition freeze
- WBJ: Assumption announces 4-year tuition rate freeze
“We applaud Assumption for this decision. The freeze provides parents breathing room financially as well as clarity, as they plan their budgets.” – Telegram.com
“Assumption College plans to make tuition less of an unknown for its students.” – Masslive.com
“Assumption College is doing something unique; they are freezing tuition. It’s a novel concept…kids are loving this.” – Fox25 Boston