Assumption welcomes and encourages applications from qualified international students. A candidate for first-year student admission should follow the procedure outlined below.
Preparing your Application:
- Common Application
- A personal statement or essay (part of the Common Application)
- Official Educational Records from secondary schools
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores, waived if applicable
- Assumption College requires SAT or ACT scores if your language or language of instruction is not English.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor
- Bank statement which must be officially certified or notarized indicating that the candidate has sufficient funds to study at Assumption College. Cost of attendance is estimated at $47,872.*
- $50 application fee made payable to Assumption College (You can pay this fee through the Common Application.)
For International Transfer student information, click here.
We require all applicants whose first language is not English to adequately demonstrate English competency as a part of the application process. Students may demonstrate competency by submitting scores from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or Pearson.
Recommended minimum scores:
TOEFL - 80 (iBT), 213 (cBT), 550 (pBT) or higher. Assumption's TOEFL code is 3009.
IELTS - 6.5 or higher
Pearson - 53 or higher
- Early Action deadline of November 1. Students who complete their applications by November 1 will receive a non-binding decision shortly after December 15.
- Early Action II deadline of December 15. Students who complete their applications by December 15 will receive a non-binding decision shortly after February 15.
- Regular decision deadline of February 15. All decisions are sent no later than March 15.
Interviews are available for international students via telephone or Skype. Please contact the Director of Admissions, Mario Silva-Rosa at email@example.com to schedule an interview.