Intramural General Information
Year-round, the Department of Campus Recreation Intramural Sports program hosts intramural sports for the entire campus community. Notably, there are a variety of 21 team and individual events which allow students, faculty, staff & administrators to create coed or single gendered teams and play according to their time preferences. Intramural Sport programs offer everyone an opportunity to not only enjoy a sport or special event you have done in the past, but also allows you to meet new people in a fun and spirited atmosphere while increasing your physical fitness. There are no prerequisites for experience, so all skill levels are encouraged to participate and potentially win the infamous Intramural Sport Champion ship T-shirt!
Past sports include:
- Basketball - 5v5
- Basketball - 3v3
- Beach Volleyball
- Coed Kickball
- Coed Softball
- Flag Football
- Floor Hockey
- Grilling Games
- Indoor Soccer
- Indoor Volleyball
- Knockout Competition
- Outdoor Soccer
- Three Point Competition
Registering for Intramurals
New to the Assumption College intramural program in 2010-2011 is the use of a web based program called IMLeagues. IMleagues is a website specifically designed for college intramural departments. This addition will provide many great benefits to the intramural program and its participants including:
- Online registration and payment for leagues and events.
- Results and standings updated daily.
- Ability to track your teams individual and team statistics.
- Individual calendar to track your game schedule.
- Text & e-mail alerts of cancellations.
- Team pages and message boards.
- And many other features that will assist the Campus Recreation Department in providing a superior intramural experience.
All intramural participants will be required to create an account onIMLeagues.com.Steps for registering are below:
- Click on the “Register for Intramurals” link below. You will be taken to the IMLeagues registration site.
- Enter your information, and use your school email address(@assumption.edu), and submit.
- You will be sent a confirmation email. Log in to IMLeagues.com by clicking the link at the bottom of the email.
- The Assumption College school link should pop up. Click “Join School.”
Once you have registered for an IMLeagues account you can sign up on an existing team or create your own team by following these instructions.
- From the intramural website or portal page you can click the link to take you to the Assumption College IMLeagues page and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Assumption College” link.
- The current sports are displayed toward the bottom of the screen. Click on the sport you wish to join.
- Choose the league you wish to play in (ex. Coed Softball - Recreational)
- You can join the sport in one of three ways:
Create a team (For team captains)
Captains can invite members to their team in two ways:
- If student has already registered on IMLeagues: click the “invite members” link on the team page, search for their name, and invite them
- If student has not yet registered on IMLeagues: Click the “invite members” link on the team page, then click the “Can’t find someone? Click here to invite by email address”, and input the students email address.
- Captains can invite members to their team in two ways:
Join a team
- Finding the team and captain name on division page and requesting to join
- Going to the captain’s playercard page, viewing his team, and requesting to join
- Accepting a request from the captain to join his team
Join as a Free Agent
- Captains can look for free agents to add to their team
- Create a team (For team captains)
All players, make sure to…
- review completely the intramural waiver when you are signing up.
- review the rules and policies for the intramural program and each sport you participate in.
- come prepared to each game with your Assumption College ID.
Captains, make sure to…
- pay the team’s registration fee (if necessary) by the registration deadline. This can be done online via credit card or you may pay in person at the Campus Recreation Office by cash or check.
- select your team’s availability for each season to ensure that your schedule fits when your team can play.
- attend the captains meeting for your sport, teams who miss the captains meeting will not be scheduled for games.
- preview the league rules prior to the captains meeting, this will save time in the meeting and ensure that everyone has a good understanding of the league rules