The Department of Public Safety/Campus Police provides a comprehensive program of police, security, crime prevention, fire safety and emergency medical services to help ensure that the college community remains a safe and pleasant place in which to live, work and study.
Located in the lower level of the Kennedy Memorial Hall, the Department of Public Safety is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by sworn police officers and civilian personnel. The Campus Police are responsible for enforcing the laws of the Commonwealth along with College rules and regulations and they are empowered to investigate crimes and make arrests, where warranted, for criminal offense(s) committed on-campus.
Campus Police Notifications:
- MEMA Offers Precautions for Extreme Cold Weather
- Spring Self Defense Classes for Women (R.A.D.)
- R.A.D. Training Registration Form
New Entry Security System at Gate House
The Department of Public Safety:
- Patrols campus on foot and in police vehicles to ensure the safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors on the Assumption campus.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for service.
- Investigates suspicious and criminal activities and take the appropriate actions that may be needed.
- Issues parking permits.
- Produces identification cards.
- Maintains the "Emergency Notification System"